Wednesday 6 August 2014

Up the pond

Today is the 196th Royal St. John's Regatta.  It's a favorite day for me, I love going to the pond, not so much for the races but for the food, the games of chance and the atmosphere.  The regatta usually draws around 50,000 people to the shores of Quidi Vidi Lake.  It's also an odd day cause it always falls on the first Wed of August, weather permitting and it's a Municipal holiday for St. John's but if you work in any of the surrounding towns it isn't a holiday.




In other news I paid my deposit for a scrapbooking retreat in Nov.  I went to the Spring retreat in April for the first time and had a blast so I decided to do the fall one as well.  It's at a church camp about 45 min outside St. John's.  The accommodations are basic, 2 sets of bunk beds per room and bring your own linens, but the company and the food were well worth the price.  Last time I went with 4 friends and there were three other girls there that I knew, this time none of my friends have signed up yet but I know know 20 more people so I'm sure I'll have a great time.

Aaron went to Nanny's for a sleep over last night so I got some progress made on Lily of the Valley.


2 comments:

  1. Lily of the Valley is a wonderful piece. Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily is so pretty, I just might have to add her to my wishes list :) Looks like a lovely day out. I have never been to Newfoundland but I've always wanted to see it.

    ReplyDelete